Starting from ways to create a blog, start blogging, to monetizing your blogs optimizing them, and finally SEO and traffic generation tips. In this article we have discussed about some important things to consider when blogging. After reading this article, you will have a more clearer view about blogging, and many of your blogging concepts will be cleared for good, and hence you will be a step closer to earning money from your blog. You too can become a pro blogger and start earning from your blogs, but you need some optimization to your blog, to generate organic traffic, and thus earn money from your blog.
- Blogging Tip for Beginner #1 – Post Content and Post Frequency
- Blogging Tip for Beginner #2 – How to build Great Content for your Blog
- Blogging Tip for Beginner #3 – Getting Quality Traffic to Your New Blog
- Blogging Tip for Beginner #4 – Reach Out to Your Audience
- Blogging Tip for Beginner #5 – Quantity or Quality? Answered!
- Conclusion on Blogging Tips foe Beginners
The content that you post into your blog, and the frequency with which you post the content, are most vital factors that affect your blog’s popularity, and the traffic that your blog gets. Now let us discuss about Post Content, and Post Frequency in detail, and clear some of the most doubtful questions regarding the same that you might have in your mind.
Post content is what your blog readers read and the should find it informative, helpful, appealing and they read it if that’s interesting. If your post contents are liked by your readers then more people would come to your blog and stick with it. This would help you get more feed subscribers, more traffic audience so your blog’s ranking goes up with more audience.
Usually, most blog readers are also bloggers who blog about your articles with a link to you if they find your contents much useful. So when you get more links, your position in search engines rank increases. Also, nice posts sometimes create a buzz on the internet, and every blogger won’t miss reading it and link to it. But considering the other side, just blah blah posts put your blog’s reputation at stake. Your blog’s subscribers start exiting and you get return visits. Then everyone starts ignoring your blog and traffic diminishes. Generally, people like to see cool tips, advice, freebies related to your blog’s niche in blogs.
Many bloggers often advice to maintain a particular post frequency because of the notion that search engines like updated websites more. But that is not the truth regarding post frequency as blogs are meant for readers not search engines.
Good blog post frequency helps in getting more admiration from your blog’s feed subscribers and regular readers. They would like to get regular stuffs n contents. And then they would admire your blog as one of the top blogs even tough you aren’t. Also this helps to get more and more feed subscribers,traffic because new visitors come and see that your blog has new contents regularly. These visitors take your post frequency into count to judge whether your blog is the one or is among several carps out there. A post for day is best and per two day is fine.
If you are in some sort of problem then you may make a post regarding it and enjoy blogging holidays but you should disclose the problem. Never make posts regularly just to give a fake impression that your post frequency is good, if you don’t have good content never blog blah blah posts as post content is equivalently important. Sticking to a particular frequency as advised by John Chow in his free blogging+money making eBook is an outdated concept according to me. As i said your blog is for readers only not search engines or blog ping engines you can increase post frequency at any time and stick to general frequency at other times. Never make your blog post less for more than 15 days and blog about the reason why you are not able to blog.
Make the content appealing to the users. Also, make some of your posts interactive so that users talk to you. Maintain cleanliness of the post by avoiding too many images etc in it. Use more tags of WordPress to keep a part of the total post visible at the main posts and users would have to click on the read more link or permalink and read the complete story on your permalink page instead of the blog’s index. This makes the index page look good.
Include links using some of your content as anchor e.g. suppose you link to https://www.lifeisablog.com/ don’t just write https://www.lifeisablog.com/ directly. Also, don’t write click here to visit lifeisablog.com/. But just write your content and suppose somewhere you find words related to the link then put those text under the link. In this example here if u use blogging tips just link there as I’ve done. Writing point-wise with a heading for each point is regarded best in the blogosphere instead of writing a story.
Make the post title not too long but long enough to be liked by your readers and nicely-known by search engines because titles have a lot of impact on search engines. Don’t write the title in all caps letter but in it cap format (each word is written in small with start letter in caps). Also, write the title of the posts adjustable to your template – I mean don’t make your title so long that it would take 4-5 lines in your blog.
Post content should be of minimum 200 words and 500 words are most recommended and well researched professional posts should be near 1000 words. Maximum 3 links or 4 is recommended in a post but there is no restriction if you are posting a listing.
Let me share with you all the three main sources which can loads of traffic to any blog if done right.
Get Traffic from Google Search & Other Search Engines (Organic Traffic)
Google search has been providing some organic new visitors to our articles. If you want to get visitors from Google and other search engines follow the steps below.
- Get your blog indexed in google search. (done automatically after some site link to it) So wait for it. Once indexed in google your blog also would be included in many other websites. You may manually submit to some search engines but it involves risk as search engines don’t like highly submitted sites, so be careful.
- Optimize your blog for search engines. Have an optimal (informative-lengthy) title (also each post should have its optimal title) and meta information like meta keywords, meta description. The Search Engine Optimization for blogs especially running on the WordPress platform can be done using/installing many Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plugins for WordPress.
- Never write copied content or duplicate content from other sites because search engines would ban this stuff. Write unique posts/contents and carry on.
- Get quality backlinks pointing to your blog by writing good articles.
- 2. StumbleUpon StumbleUpon is a social networking and bookmarking site where like-minded people share different websites with friends. Stumble is our biggest traffic source.
Create as many as friends in StumbleUpon, especially add those as friends who like or have interest matching to your blog’s niche. Submit the best posts of your blog to StumbleUpon. Remember to tag everything you submit. In tags select the matching top keywords/tags for your blog post. e.g. blogs, blogging, SEO, etc. Then I’m sure you get huge traffic from StumbleUpon. Also, you may add friends with more number of friends because having more friends of friends provides more traffic in StumbleUpon.
If your feeds would be visible to all the blog readers of your niche on the internet then surely there is a chance of getting a big number of subscribers. Though that’s impossible you never get a single feed reader if you don’t spread/promote your feed link to different users of diff. blogs, search engines, directories, etc even though you post nicely. So you need to market & promote your RSS feed links.
Let me explain a few ways how you can market your RSS feed.
- Submit To RSS Directories You should submit your RSS Feeds to all the good RSS Feed Directories because those are the place where subscribers & others look for feeds. Also doing so your feeds would be visible in search engines like Google.
- Write Guest Posts When you write guest posts in other blogs of your niche, you would be allowed to place 3 links (usually 3) to your domains there never forget to have your RSS feed link & also ask users to subscribe using words like “subscribe to his RSS feeds to get posts like this regularly delivered to you” If you want to write a guest post here use the contact me link above & send me info & after that I’ll ask for content. (you can have a paragraph like this is a guest post by…& include 3linkss there). This part will appear on the header of posts.
- Advertise In Other Blogs Yes you can advertise asking for users of other blogs to subscribe. This is handy because all the users of a blog are well versed with feed subscriptions. I recommend choosing the advertisements that appear in the footer of RSS feeds of other blogs because they will be seen by pro feed readers.
- Traffic More the traffic to your blog the more will be feed subscriber count. So try to drive good traffic to the blog by doing SEO & using PPC like AdWords.
- Feed Subscription Links & Buttons work well. If the eyes of users won’t catch the feed subscribe link/button then they might not be interested to subscribe because blog readers would have some other works & always want to finish reading & get away from your blog. So make the feed subscription button/icon readily visible either by placing it in the most visible place of the blog e.g. top of the sidebar or use a catchy style button/image for RSS Feeds. Never forget to include either link for email subscription or the email subscription box.
- Include a special feed subscription link with some text as a message to readers to subscribe below every post by editing the template. Just after reading a satisfying post he/she would be looking to subscribe.
Even though I mentioned above to post the highest quantity during the growth period of your blog but not writing quality is a defect & if your posts are not on par no one would like to subscribe. In the growth period you need to maintain a high frequency to start with but later onward focus on the quality of posts & maintain a balance between quality & quantity. 3 high-quality posts per week are too good & everyone would anticipate well.
Let us have a look at a few things that normal feed subscribers would like to read:
- All tips & other things regarding your blog’s niche (you should cover all your categories).
- Latest news & event regarding your niche (also includes discounts/sales/promos at any related sites) Be the first to inform your subscribers.
- Tutorial & Technical information.
- Reviews of all sorts of services.
- Share all information you have among your feed readers. Never keep them in dark. Inform about new advertisement programs, make money programs, etc.
- Also, you may post any unrelated but valid news if you like.
- Post picnic pictures, YouTube videos etc.
We have covered some of the most important points that new bloggers must keep in mind to get things going in their favor. Blogging, if done right can be quite pleasurable, with you earning some decent amount of money with blogging. All these points mentioned above are not to be ignored if you want to make progress in the blogging field, and want to up your blogging game. Stay tuned for more such helpful posts on Life is a Blog!